Yes, the Samsung S23 series which comprises Samsung S23 Plus, S23, and S23 Ultra have fingerprint sensor and face unlock biometric security measures.
You can use both the Fingerprint Sensor and Face Recognition to lock and unlock your smartphone, authenticate payment on apps and sites, lock and unlock certain apps on your smartphone, and many more.
You will be prompted to set up these features when you turn On your S23, S23 Plus, or/and S23 Ultra for the first time. You don’t have to though, you can skip it at that point and do the Set up later.
Assuming you didn’t set up your fingerprint initially and want to do it now, follow the steps below to get it done.
Navigate to the Settings App -> Security and Privacy -> Biometrics -> Fingerprints -> Input your password/draw pattern -> Place different sides of your finger on the fingerprint sensor -> Tap on Done to complete the process.
You can change this setup anytime you want by following the above steps till after you draw the pattern or enter the password. Then you can make the changes you want like tapping on “Add Fingerprint” to add another finger or tapping on the already added fingerprint to remove or rename it.
As for Face Unlock, the process is also easy, all you have to do is follow the steps below.
- Go to the Settings App -> Security and privacy -> Biometrics -> Face Recognition
- Input your PIN/password/draw pattern -> You will be required to set up one if you don’t have
- Tap on Continue -> Hold the phone 8 – 20 inches from yourself and place your face inside the circle that appears on your screen
- Stay still until the progress bar is 100%
- Tap on Done to complete the process.
Various options will become available to you immediately after you are done setting up the Face Recognition.